Sympathetic for the environment?
Let’s evolve some ideas to preserve it
Environment, a word that can simply be defined as anything that surrounds us. It includes all living and non-living things that occurs on the earth or thereof and hence is responsible for affecting an individual’s body, mind and heart. In terms of biology and somewhat ecology, all natural materials along with living things, even sunlight, constitute natural environment. So people who remain concerned about the environment are said to be environmentalists. They focus on protecting the environment, most probably by checking the pollution, greenery, population and many more. Now let us make a list of all the problems regarding the environment, along with the ideas to reduce their adverse effects.
- POLLUTION: Environment is basically polluted when substances with harmful or toxic effects are introduced in it. There are different kinds of pollution like air pollution, water pollution and soil pollution which requires a lot of years to recoup. Everyone might know the consequences of these types of pollution. First of all, air pollution occurs due to increase in the amount of undesirable chemicals in the atmosphere. Effluents from the industries and vehicles are the major source of this. Water pollution is caused due to the deposition of waste materials from the refineries, industries. Some people also have a habit to complete the domestic chores on the bank of river, ultimately polluting it. Soil is also polluted with the industrial substances that reduce the nutrient quantity in soil.
- Proper Plantation. Trees not only purify the atmosphere but also beautify the surrounding.
- Prohibition on Smoking. The part of cigarettes thrown after smoking
is not degradable and contains toxic substances, which are further improper for the society.
- Proper checking on car emissions.
- Start an anti-litter campaign in surrounding.
- In case you are a pet lover and you have a pet, then be careful while disposing it’s waste.
If you are eager to design your own pollution model or water purification plant, you can have it from www.projectsforschool.com/shop/ .
- GLOBAL WARMING: The average surface temperature of the earth has increased due to the effect of greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide and chlorofluorocarbons (CFC’s). Furthermore, these gases are responsible for trapping heat from the sun and retain it within the earth’s atmosphere which is now resulting in climate change. The temperature all over the earth is increasing due to which glaciers has started melting, raising the water level throughout the globe. Excessive snow, flood and desertification are also a result of this.
- Reduction on usage of refrigerators and air conditioners, since they are the biggest source of CFC’s.
- Hinder on use of private vehicles. Basically, mandation on usage of public transport.
- Enhancing plantation.
- Proper usage of Electricity.
- Idea of 3R’s should be used: REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE – For more knowledge, you must try a DIY model for the same at http://www.projectsforschool.com
- NATURAL RESOURCE DEPLETION: With the consumption of fossil fuels like coal, concentration of greenhouse gases increases in atmosphere, leading to global warming.
- Promotion of usage of renewable resources.
- Daily life usage of Equipment working on the basis of solar energy like solar heater, solar cooker, solar traffic light, solar lamps etc.
- Reduction of plastic bags.
- OZONE LAYER DEPLETION: there is a protective layer around our mother earth whose job is to provide protection against the harmful radiations from the sun. Depletion of the Ozone layer especially relevant with the enhancement in the rate of global warming and greenhouse gases. This can result into various skin diseases, respiratory problems and maybe much more.
- Elimination of devices probably generating greenhouse gases.
- Controlled Pollution .
- Checking of effluents from vehicles.
- DEFORESTATION: This term denotes the process of cutting trees ruthlessly. It simply means clearing the greenery in order to have industrialization or residential area. In addition to it has contributed in climate change but also proved to be a reason for loss of wildlife heritage.
- Plantation of more and more trees. Most noteworthy, many schools have almost inculcated the habit of planting samplings on the eve of birthdays of students.
- Acid Rain: Acid rain occurs due to the presence of certain pollutants in the atmosphere. This acidic fall is a known environmental problem that can have serious effect on human health, wildlife and aquatic species.
- Waste disposal : The over consumption of resources and creation of plastics are creating a global crisis of waste disposal.Since plastics are non biodegradable, hence it rather gets basically stuck on the earth’s surface. Developed countries are notorious for producing an excessive amount of waste or garbage and dumping their waste in the oceans than less developed countries. Nuclear waste disposal most of all has tremendous health hazards associated with it. Plastic, fast food, packaging and cheap electronic wastes threaten the well-being of humans. Waste disposal is one of urgent current environmental problem.
- Loss of Biodiversity:Human activities are leading to many unexpected results like extinction of species and habitats and loss of bio-diversity. Eco systems, which took millions of years to be perfect, is now in danger when a species population is decimating. Balance of natural processes like pollination is crucial for the survival of the Eco-system and human activity threatens the same. Furthermore, I remember of an example here. It is the destruction of coral reefs in the various oceans, which is vital for the rich marine life.
- Prohibition of Animal hunting or poaching.
- Legally prohibiting the Use of animal skin for production of leather items or bags.
- Reduction of Deforestation.
- Better living environment to the wildlife either by continuously checking Water pollution.
- If you love biodiversity and want to make everyone aware of it, then most importantly have a project on this topic and present it in your school.
In conclusion, for more ideas and material for the next project of your child, therefore please visit projectsforschool.com/ .